Caroline McCall, Creative Arts Emmy Award, Donal Woods, Downton Abbey, Dulce Scott, Gina Cromwell, Jill Trevellick, John Lunn, Magi Vaughan, Mark Kebby, Primetime Emmy Award, Vanya Pell
Congratulations are in order to John Lunn for winning a Creative Arts Emmy Award for Outstanding Music Composition for a Series (Original Dramatic Score) for “Episode 6” of Downton Abbey.
In case you are wondering, Episode 6 of Season 3 is the episode after Sybil dies and Lord and Lady G aren’t talking and Lord G and Matthew aren’t getting along very well either. Of hand I don’t recall the music but now that it is award winning music I will have to go back and listen closely.
The 65th Annual Creative Arts Emmy Awards were held at the Nokia Theatre L.A. Live on Sunday, Sept. 15th. A two-hour, edited version of the Creative Arts Emmy Awards will air Saturday, Sept. 21st on FXX.
Sadly though, none of the other nominees from Downton Abbey won awards. Either way, we congratulate them since being nominated is still an honor and achievement. So take a bow because we applaud you:
- Outstanding Art Direction for a Single Camera Series – Donal Woods, Mark Kebby and Gina Cromwell
- Outstanding Casting for a Drama Series – Jill Trevellick
- Outstanding Costumes for a Series –Caroline McCall and Dulce Scott
- Outstanding Hairstyling for a Single Camera Series – Magi Vaughan and Vanya Pell
The 65th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards, airing Sunday, Sept. 22th.
Just as a reminder, here are the nominees from Downton Abbey for Primetime Emmy Awards:
- Outstanding Lead Actress In A Drama Series – Michelle Dockery as Lady Mary Crawley
- Outstanding Lead Actor In A Drama Series – Hugh Bonneville as Earl of Grantham/Robert
- Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series – Maggie Smith as Dowager Countess of Grantham/ Violet
- Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series – Jim Carter as Mr. Carson
- Outstanding Writing for a Drama Series – Julian Fellowes, Episode 4
- Outstanding Directing for a Drama Series – Jeremy Webb, Episode 4
- Outstanding Drama Series – Downton Abbey • PBS